When purchasing a cell phone, you are not only provided with the cell phone unit itself. The charger and headsets normally go with it as well. They are necessities for you to be able to fully use the cell phone. This goes true with purchasing a non-stick frying pan. When you buy one, attached sales to it are a non-metal utensil and a soft cleaning material. But you can use any sponge or scouring pad with soft cloth bristles.
Non-Stick Frying Pan Tips
To guide you on the proper use and care of your nonstick frying pan, here are some points to ponder on:
- After buying your brand new nonstick fry pan from your favorite cookware store and taking it home to your kitchen, don’t immediately use it without washing it first with warm water and mild soap. Use a sponge or other soft cleaning material when washing nonstick frying pans. After washing, you need to either air dry the pan or use a soft cloth or paper towels.
- Once your pan is clean, you need to season it by pouring a small quantity of edible oil and spreading it out to the whole pan using a paper towel. After this procedure, you may now use the frying pan.
- When preheating even the best frying pan which is non-stick, the maximum setting of heat you should use is medium. Do not go above medium as it will compromise the coating of your pan. Anyway, most dishes you would cook using non-stick pans need not be cooked over high heat.
Non-Stick Frying Pan More Tips
- Except if you are using a non stick deep frying pan, you do not need to use a lot of cooking oil on your non stick pan. A very thin layer of cooking oil may be enough already to prepare your dishes. You may just spray oil over your non stick pan. This is one of the beauties of this type of pan. It also is a healthier option to prepare food. This is one advantage non stick has over the stainless steel frying pan.
- To preserve the coating of your non stick pan, avoid scratching the coating when cooking or even storing. When you are cooking, use stirrers or spatulas which are nonmetal. You may use utensils made out of rubber or wood. When storing, it is better to hang nonstick pans than stack them together to avoid the possibility of scratching the coating.
- Even the best fry pan needs to be cleaned out immediately and thoroughly after use if you want it to last a long life. Repeat the washing process as indicated in point number one, above.,
Non-Stick Frying Pans Final Words
The nonstick fry pan is a convenient partner in the kitchen. It will lessen your frustration when preparing dishes as it eliminates the problem of the ingredients sticking onto the pan. If you would like to try other types of fry pans, try a stainless steel fry pan or a ceramic frying pan and compare the differences.