You may be wondering why All clad cookware cost more than other cookware brands. Is it really because of the quality or just good marketing hype that they could get away with higher price? Is there really an advantage to spending your hard earned money on expensive cookware?
Let’s break down the reasons why All clad cookware commands higher prices:
- Materials – All clad ltd uses high grade metals which they bond together to create a sturdy cookware. They use the combination of stainless steel, aluminum and copper depending on which line of cookware you choose. They have the All clad stainless steel line and the All clad copper line which are made of either 3-ply or 5-ply of various metals. The materials used have their own qualities which add to the functionality of each cookware. Aluminum and copper metals are good heat conductors which ensure efficient generation and distribution of heat.
- Craftsmanship – Most All clad pans and All clad pots are proudly American made. As in their brand name, the materials are meticulously clad together to create a strong cookware. As you may understand, labor cost in America is much higher than labor cost in other countries so this contributes to the higher cost of the end product.
- All clad warranty – The All Clad brand is confident of their cookware and offers an All clad lifetime warranty on most of its products. This warranty is your assurance that you have made a good kitchen investment which may be passed on to generations.
- Design – While other cookware brands only have core on the bottom of their pans and pots, the core of All clad sets run even on the sides of the cookware. This way, heat is not only concentrated on the bottom, but evenly on the whole cookware.
Tips on Buying All Clad Cookware with Warranty
- Buy individual cookware. While it’s true that you save some money in buying an All clad 10 piece set than buying each of the 10 piece separately, you may not really need everything in that set so it’s better to just buy the specific cookware you need. Unless, you are giving it as a very generous gift to somebody you treasure.
- Buy “seconds.” These are good, functional discount All clad cookware due to minor cosmetic defects. Since these are just minor cosmetic defects, they don’t really affect the way you cook. If you’re not the OCD type, these are a great option and will save you some money.
- Take advantage of the All clad factory sale. This happens twice a year so save up for it. If shopping for a new cookware can wait until these “sales” to happen, it will save you a lot to wait for it.
What really sets All clad apart from its competitors is their superior quality, better design which allows ease, comfort and safety in use and the All clad warranty. These factors give you peace of mind and a good cooking experience. Having All clad stainless steel set in your kitchen also gives you a sense of security and pride. It is also like a piece of art, something you can talk about when friends visit. All these extras you get with an All clad pan is something other brands may not be able to provide you with.